IGLTA Foundation LGBTQ+ Travel Symposium in India - Hosted by The Lalit New Delhi
Thank you for joining us at the historic FIRST IGLTA Foundation LGBTQ+ Symposium in India! We hope you found the discussions and presentations informative and engaging. To share the knowledge gained from the event with you, we have made the presentations available for download on this page. Simply click the link to access the presentations and relive the insights from the symposium.
Thank you to our generous partners who made this amazing day possible!
The IGLTA Foundation, supporting the International LGBTQ+ Travel Association and its global members in tourism, is expanding its support of India and its tourism businesses interested in creating more inclusive travel experiences.
With the generous support of Visit West Hollywood, members of the IGLTA team and thought leaders from the IGLTA network united with Indian tourism businesses to discuss the high potential of LGBTQ+ tourism to and from India.
This free event was an opportunity for Indian travel businesses to connect, network, and attend educational sessions in the welcoming environment of the beautiful Lalit New Delhi.
The day concluded with complimentary drinks and hors d'oeuvres paired with spectacular city views in the Pan Asian OKO restaurant on the hotel's 28th floor!
From left to right : Sheema Vohra, Managing Director, Sartha Global Marketing| Keshav Suri, Executive Director, the LaLiT Suri Hospitality Group| John Tanzella, President/CEO, IGLTA & IGLTA Foundation| LoAnn Halden, Vice President - Communications, IGLTA and IGLTA Foundation| Elliott Ferguson, CEO, Destination DC| Tom Kiely, CEO, Visit West Hollywood| Fred Dixon, CEO, NYC & Company
Featured Speakers :
- Jonathan Heimer, Minister Counselor for Commercial Affairs, US Embassy
- Don Heflin, Minister Counselor for Consular Affairs, US Embassy
- Keshav Suri, Executive Director, the LaLiT Suri Hospitality Group
- John Tanzella, President/CEO, IGLTA & IGLTA Foundation
- Tom Kiely, CEO, Visit West Hollywood
- LoAnn Halden, Vice President - Communications, IGLTA and IGLTA Foundation
- Elliott Ferguson, CEO, Destination DC
- Fred Dixon, CEO, NYC & Company
- Sheema Vohra, Managing Director, Sartha Global Marketing
- Akshay Tyagi, Head of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, The Lalit Suri Hospitality Group.
- Khedamba Haorokcham, Consultant, Serene Journeys
- Aradhana Lal, SVP of Sustainability, Lemon Tree Hotels
- Rudrani Chhetri, LGBTQIA+ Rights Activist, and Founder, Mitr Trust
About the IGLTA Foundation
The IGLTA Foundation empowers LGBTQ+ welcoming tourism businesses globally through leadership, research and education. Founded in 2012, the foundation is the 501(c)3 public charity subsidiary of IGLTA and supports initiatives for industry organizations, leaders and communities to advance LGBTQ+ travel around the world.