Board Of Directors Application
The International LGBTQ+ Travel Association (IGLTA) is seeking visionary, enthusiastic and dynamic leaders to fill openings on the Board of Directors. These individuals will work closely with other board members and staff to help IGLTA realize its mission, meet its goals and deliver on its priorities. The mission of IGLTA is to be the leading global organization dedicated to connecting businesses in the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender (LGBTQ+) tourism industry.
To be considered for one of these Board positions, applicants must be:
- An IGLTA member in good standing for at least two years and have attended at least one IGLTA convention
- A role model of IGLTA values, with the highest ethical standards, a strong sense of professionalism and intense dedication to serving the interests of the organization, its members, partners, and the LGBTQ+ community.
- Willing to devote at least 4 hours per month to IGLTA matters (including an hour-long bi-monthly conference call)
- Ability to fulfill one of the three board options:
- Financial donation US$5K (this can be your employer writing a check, or securing a check/s from others such as vendors/suppliers)
- Provide at least 4 new member leads per year that the staff converts to paid memberships
- Willing to provide a significant contribution of time/assistance to the staff/organization
- Available to attend one in-person Board meeting per year at our annual convention, September-November. You must also be available to stay for the duration of the convention. If you need help covering travel costs, IGLTA can assist.
- Available to participate in regular meetings of at least one committee
- Willing to commit to at least one two-year term
- To ensure a Board of Directors with a diverse skill set, IGLTA is seeking applicants with significant experience or a strong interest in the travel and tourism industry as well as at least one of the following areas:
- Financial Management / Accounting
- Marketing / Communications / PR
- Fundraising / Events
- Membership Generation, Relations and Retention
Any previous experience as a board member with other organizations is a strong plus, as is management and leadership experience. IGLTA is also committed to recruiting board members from different geographic regions, and representing a variety of member types (e.g. hotels, tour operators, CVBs, small business etc.). IGLTA has a non-discrimination policy in place and encourages any and all interested and eligible members to apply.
All interested applicants must send the IGLTA nominating committee an email to email@example.com outlining why they would be a strong candidate for a Board position, placing emphasis on the skills listed above. Also include detailed contact information (full name, job title, email address and phone number) as well as a curriculum vitae/resume/brief biography. If you are a current Board member who is reapplying for a position on the board, please describe your participation and contributions during your tenure (calls/meetings, committees, overall IGLTA support) and why you believe it is appropriate for you to continue in this role.
Applicants have until 5 pm ET, 31 August, 2023 to submit their application. No applications received after that date will be considered for this year. New board members will be announced in the next issue of the IGLTA eNewsletter following the board vote. If you have questions about the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.