About the job
IGLTA is an internationally renowned LGBTQ+ travel organization that has been operating continuously since 1983. We are a non-profit based in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, marketing to LGBTQ+ travelers worldwide and catering to the needs of the tourism companies that welcome them. There are currently 11 full-time staff located in six countries, plus an international board of directors and contract membership sales representatives.
Our business members span 80+ countries and include a diverse array of business types including tourism boards, travel advisors, tour operators, accommodations, travel media, airlines, cruise lines, tourism associations, etc.
The International LGBTQ+ Travel Association (IGLTA) is seeking a highly motivated, detail-oriented, customer-focused individual with excellent communication and organizational skills to join our team as a Membership Manager. This work from home position reports to both the President/CEO and the VP-Finance. This is a full-time role and includes travel (approximately 35% of schedule) to both mainstream and LGBTQ+ trade shows as well as tourism conferences in key strategic markets to IGLTA globally.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES AND EXPECTATIONS
The successful candidate will be primarily focused on:
- Implement and manage IGLTA’s LGBTQ+ accreditation program
- Strategic updates of the existing membership program and the membership development plan
- Curating member benefits based on member type and/or geography
- Sale, management, and fulfillment of membership marketing & advertising packages
- Programming of webinars and/or in-person member events
- Conducting member surveys & analyzing the results to make recommendations
- Updating and managing the membership database/AMS regularly
- Communications with Membership Coordinators & Membership Development Representatives
- Communications with IGLTA’s third-party membership support and membership strategy team
- Creating streamlined approaches for new member ‘leads’ globally
- Overseeing customer service, and developing initiatives to retain existing members and ensure member satisfaction
- Developing marketing opportunities to recruit new members
- Marketing and public relations coordination regarding new members, including press releases, newsletters, e-blasts, etc.
- Holding regular departmental progress meetings and circulating progress reports on activity
- Interpreting membership recruitment, retention statistics, and other data and providing strategic recommendations
- Developing a member recognition program
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
The ideal candidate:
- Has a bachelor’s degree and at least three years of experience in a membership developmentrole within a membership-based organization
- Possesses excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Is proficient with Microsoft Office and/or Google Suite products
- Comfortable working virtually and in a small team environment
- Is able to apply basic mathematics, able to calculate percentages, use and interpret formulas
- Innovative and creative thinks outside of the box and is willing to test new strategic ideas
- Is able to clearly communicate results to management in a fast-paced environment
- Must have exceptional people skills, an outgoing personality, and a positive attitude who is optimistic, energetic, and a self-starter
- Speaks fluent English; one additional language is preferred
Growth potential, educational training opportunities, the possibility for incentive compensation, domestic and international travel.
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
IGLTA is an equal opportunity organization and encourages people of color, women, and people with disabilities to apply for this position. If you are interested in the position, please submit your resume/CV, cover letter, and three work references to firstname.lastname@example.org.