The International Gay & Lesbian Travel Association is the world's leading global travel network dedicated to connecting and educating LGBTQ travelers and the businesses that welcome and support them along the way. Whether it's for individual, group, corporate, or student travel, we have affiliates in the world's most sought-after locations offering the most competitive options for your perfect vacations.
IGLTA was founded in 1983 by gay and lesbian Travel Advisors and now operates in 80+ countries on all six inhabited continents. We provide all members who join the IGLTA community the opportunity to customize their travel experience and share it with others through planning tools, trip ideas, events and travel deals from LGBTQ tourism-related businesses.
Mission: The mission of IGLTA is to provide information and resources for LGBTQ travelers and expand LGBTQ tourism globally by demonstrating its significant social and economic impact
IGLTA is looking for two qualified individuals for an internship at our headquarters office. The headquarters team is responsible for coordinating all strategies and outreach to help our business partners and members connect with LGBTQ travelers. We’re looking for interns who can participate in various stages of these operations. Compensation for the position is based on up to a 40-hour work week, Monday-Friday, at $10 per hour, through 21 December, 2018.
This intern should be prepared to work in a casual but fast-paced and innovative team environment and will finish the internship having gained broad experience in various aspects of the tourism industry, with a focus on LGBTQ international travel.
Responsibilities / Areas of development
- Assist with various aspects of the organization’s marketing efforts
- Assist in coordination of programs for membership tracking and surveys
- Review and engage with the organization partnership programs around the globe
- Perform translation of various promotional collateral into Spanish
- Learn to anticipate needs of remote staff ahead of trade shows
- Maintain listings of global LGBTQ organizations, Pride events, community centers and special events and their contacts for website
- Assist with logging media coverage and research of media outlets
- Assist with social media development and creativity
- Research projects
- Extremely organized and motivated
- Fully bilingual in English & Spanish required
- Interest in learning more about marketing, communications and customer relationship management
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work individually on a project in a small team environment
- Is eager to meet and exceed objectives and take on more responsibilities
- Possess a positive attitude with initiative, reliability and punctuality
Please send your resume to email@example.com