Naadam is Mongolia’s biggest festival, celebrated throughout the entire country every July. This festival spans over several days and shows off Mongolia’s most popular sports: wrestling, archery, and horse riding. The festival, dating back to the times of Chinggis Khaan (Genghis Khan) is now a way for Mongolians to celebrate their prowess, their independence, and the warmth of the summer.
This tour is unique as it will not take you to the crowded, uncomfortable festival of the big city where you must sit far away in stands. On this tour, you will see Naadam up close and intimately in a small town. We will be able to talk with the jockeys and horse breeders, watch the wrestlers up close, mingle with the locals, and enjoy this festival as it is meant to be, without the commercialization. We will also spend time with a local Mongolian family learning their way of life, as well as glamping (with your own cook) at some gorgeous rivers.
*Visiting a Naadam festival can be incorporated into our other tours that happen in July*
**The Naadam festival occurs all over Mongolia and a custom tour can be created in any part of Mongolia incorporating the Naadam Festival**
- Experience the Naadam festival in a small, intimate town
- Stay with a nomadic family and learn their way of life
- Personal cook for you and your companions
- Learn to cook khorkhog, Mongolia’s favorite cuisine
- Experience the lush beauty of Mongolia’s northern rivers
- Private 4x4 vehicle with a driver and guide.
- Experience the Mongolian Gers (yurts) in comfortable lodges
All of Big Mongolia Travel's tours are fully customizable.