The expansive Gobi Desert rests across southern Mongolia and is home to Mongolian nomads, Bactrian camels (that’s two humped camels, not one), some of Mongolia’s most unique sites geographic landscapes, and an inordinate amount of undiscovered dinosaur bones. Let us take you on a sandy expedition to see a desert gorge that can remain partially frozen until the end of June, a sunset on the flaming cliffs, and a camel ride next to the expansive Singing Khongor Sand Dunes.
*This tour can be condensed into 7 days with a round trip flight to the Gobi Desert*
**This tour works well as an extension to any other tour we have!**
- Ride camels next to the enormous Khongor Sand Dunes and watch the sunset
- Hike through a lush, green gorge in the middle of the desert
- Traverse the Gobi Desert
- Meet a camel herding nomadic family
- Private 4x4 vehicle with a driver and guide. Enjoy the changing scenery inside your own vehicle.
- Experience the Mongolian Gers (yurts) in comfortable lodges throughout the desert.
All of Big Mongolia Travel's tours are fully customizable.
Tour package offered May through September.