Italy Culinary Vacation is Stunning Syracuse, Sicily
Italy is an old time classic. Yet, there are many uncommon destinations that are still to be discovered, including Sicily. This package is ideal for lovers of wonders, for those who adore the sea with its spectacular sunrises and sunsets, who love adventures, and, of course, for those who are curious to try the most genuine and authentic specialties of Mediterranean cuisine. You will be greeted in Syracuse by the local team, hosted in one of the traditional Sicilian houses and led to the discovery of exclusive experiences and workshops. Whether you travel on your own, with your partner, family or friends, Sicily will be the perfect soundtrack for your journey of discovery!
- Welcome dinner
- Cooking class with a local chef
- Syracuse between history and myth tour
- Authentic food and wine tasting at Pupillo Winery
- Trekking on Mount Etna and light lunch
- 5 nights accommodation
- Farewell dinner
During this holiday, you will be staying at one of Wonderful Italy's comfort accommodations: cozy houses or charming villas that will allow you to relax after days exploring the local culinary itineraries. All houses are fully furnished and well-equipped with Wi-Fi and everything else you need for your comfortable stay.
- Super Star (private house for 1 person)
- Duet (private house for 2 people)
- Band (private house for 4 people)
- Morning/afternoon: check-in, lunch non-included
- Evening: welcome dinner included
- Afternoon: authentic wine tasting at Pupillo Winery and light lunch
- Evening: free time to visit Syracuse and dinner not included
- Morning: “Syracuse between history and myth” tour of the city, Sicilian Panini for lunch
- Afternoon/evening: free time in the city, lunch not included
- Morning/afternoon: cooking class to discover the various origins of Sicilian cuisine
- Evening: free time and dinner not included
- Morning: transfer to Etna for trekking and light lunch
- Afternoon: well-deserved time to relax back to Syracuse
- Evening: wine tasting with a delicious Sicilian dish
During this vacation, you'll enjoy local wine tastings in a typical winery, exciting trekking on mount Etna, cooking class and a walking tour of the city, discovering Sicilian culinary delights. As well as all Sicily, also the territory of Syracuse has been influenced by people and cultures that have left evident traces in the local gastronomy, blending the oriental flavors and the scents of the Mediterranean into the local dishes. During this holiday with Wonderful Italy, you will discover the most delicious recipes and aromatic wines of this beautiful land, as well as its rich history and culture.
Welcome to the classic, grand, elegant and imposing Syracuse. The modern city created after the bombings of the Second World War hides the ancient one, remnants and renovation are its characteristics, pieces from a distant and mythical past, mixed with Swabian architecture, the Gothic-Catalan style of some of the buildings, and luxurious baroque.
Start to discover the city because you can take a full day to explore its core and you still have more left to see. As a cradle of many civilizations, Syracuse is a city that you will keep in your heart for many years to come. From the island of Ortigia to the mainland, today, Syracuse is the testament to the culture and art that have flourished throughout the centuries. It won’t be difficult to hopelessly fall in love with it every step of the way!
This package includes 4 lunches and 2 dinners (water and a glass of wine included).
Wonderful Italy's team will help you select the best ingredients from the territory and the most authentic experiences, customized to your preferences and needs. You can taste seafood, as well as organic and vegetarian specialties. The earth is very generous here. Syracuse’s dishes are full of fresh fish and shellfish like, for example, tuna (there are lots of tuna-fishers in the area), swordfish, sea urchins and calamari. For meat lovers, there are also many well-known dishes that Wonderful Italy can recommend.
Things to do (optional)
There is no shortage of attractions in the area, you'll always find something interesting to discover and explore. The best idea is always to mingle together with the locals and let them advise you on the upcoming events and shows. It is not unusual that you'll end up spending the night at someone's place, sharing stories and good wine.